Friday, December 27, 2013

New Years Resolution

There is something cathartic about starting a new year for me. It is the one time that I dedicate to reviewing what has happened in the previous year and make plans for the next year. I have been consistently doing this for my business for the least 9 years, and I am definitely an advocate. While I have not met my goals every year, it forces me to ask the question during the year, “what am I going to do or change to make this goal?”, and that is the real value to me. Without the goal, there is nothing to strive towards or encourage change. Setting personal goals has been more hit and miss for me. There have been times where I have had an accountability partner. That has been the single most important step for me to make and meet personal goals. I don’t have one now, but my first resolution for 2014 is to get one. I am committing to a weekly meeting/purposeful phone call to stay on track. My mandate for all married people – your accountability partner (business or personal) will be the same sex as you. Enough said. After the accountability commitment, my resolutions look way to normal – eat less, exercise more, turn off phone/computer/TV more, read more, help others more, be with family more, pray more, be still more. I feel kind of stupid listing the same things every year, so if anyone has great ideas on how to tackle any of these, I am all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment