Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dallas Willard


I was introduced to the author, Dallas Willard, a couple of years ago by a minister from the pulpit who characterized him as a “current-day CS Lewis”.    CS Lewis has done more to encourage and strengthen my faith that any other author, so my ears perked up when I heard that.  I ordered a copy of Willard’s The Divine Conspiracy and found it extremely interesting and also very challenging.  Challenging, both in my ability to understand it, and my ability to do and be the parts that I did understand.   The reading was very weighty for me and also very important.  Dallas Willard died in 2013, and I just found this article written by a minister who knew him and served with him.  This makes my want to know Mr. Willard more.  Let me know if anyone would like to pick a book and read along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment