Thursday, January 30, 2014

Walking Tall


I mentioned in my SpotOnTheLake post this week that my daughter, Lizzy,  had gotten stuck in the Tuesday traffic jam.    After 8 hours in the car,  she made the agonizing decision to leave her car and walk the remaining 6 miles home.  Lizzy didn’t have good walking shoes or warm clothing so her husband, Trey, packed a backpack and started walking to meet her.  As I listened to the plan, I couldn’t help but remember the time that Trey called me and asked to meet me for breakfast.  This was several years ago before they were married, and he had never invited me on a date before, so I thought I knew what was up.  He asked if it was ok for him to marry Lizzy.  I specifically remember asking if he was going to love her and take care of her, no matter what, and he said “yes sir”.  I wish I could have seen the look on Lizzy’s face as she ran to meet Trey Tuesday night.  Thanks, Trey, for keeping your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment