Thursday, February 27, 2014

Not just any big hole


I hesitate to admit that one of my favorite movies from the 80’s is National Lampoon’s Vacation.   Clark Griswold takes his family across the country to Wally World with one of the stops being the Grand Canyon.  They have run into several roadblocks along the way, including running out of money, so after taking cash from the cash drawer at the Inn at the canyon, they have only a fleeting moment to take in the magnificent view.  Click here for a trip down memory lane (in Japanese, I think).  Caroline and I often joke about this when we are flying from place to place on vacation and not taking enough time to soak in all that a location has to offer.  I tell you all this because last week, we had our first visit to the Grand Canyon.  We had several hours to view the canyon from different vantage points along the south rim and stayed through sunset to watch the canyon change colors.  I know we all over use the word awesome, but I can’t really think of a better word.  No matter how many pictures you have seen, there is no way to know the full beauty without standing in front of it.  I love knowing the God that created a world that can still surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment