Thursday, February 20, 2014

Shared Room


I blogged about the Keller Williams Annual Meeting at SpotOnTheLake  this week.  We were in Phoenix, and my son and business partner, Michael, and I shared a room together.   This was great for me.  Besides just spending time with him, I got to listen to him make some calls to clients back at Lake Hartwell.  The two hour time difference helped out allowing him to make calls early Phoenix time – not so early Lake Hartwell time.  After a call, we would talk about things that he could have said or asked that might have been better.  On one of his calls, he was making very good progress and then his tone changed significantly.  I could tell from his side of the conversation that the client was scheduled for some surgery.  I don’t know the nature of the surgery, but it sounded serious.  The empathy that I heard in his voice made me tear up.  I was so proud of him.   From that point on, the business progress stalled, but the Kingdom was advanced.  Michael, thanks for handling that call perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment