Thursday, February 6, 2014

Great Scott!


I am very much looking forward to the Winter Olympics.  Besides the thrill of the competition, I am a real sucker for all of the human interest stories that the networks come up with.  My biggest concern is being consumed by all of the coverage and not wanting to miss anything.  Scott Hamilton is always a fixture around the ice skating venue.   I remember him as the funny little guy who was full of energy and would always throw in a back flip when the rules allowed – and sometimes when they didn’t.  I knew that he had struggled with cancer, but didn’t know his full story until I found this video.  This video is 10 minutes and starts kind of slow, but hang with it if you have time.  You may look at him differently when you see him on TV over the next couple of weeks.   I would love to see or hear your favorite Olympic stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment