Friday, September 5, 2014

Words Cut


Last week, I had a heated exchange with another real estate agent over an active sales situation.  She was trying to protect her client’s interests, and I was trying to protect mine.  At one point, I got very frustrated and sent a stinging email to her and copied our brokers.  That started a barrage of emails that went on for about 24 hours.  We were able to get the issue resolved, but I felt bad about my communications with her.  I elected to meet with her face to face so that I could apologize for the part I played in making the problem worse.  While I feel like great progress was made, I know that it is impossible to erase the feelings that were created in the earlier exchange.  I saw this article today which does a good job fleshing out the problem.  I hope you will read it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment