Thursday, October 9, 2014

Non-Disposable


Caroline and I just returned from a bicycle trip in the Loire Valley of France.  We stayed in three small towns with bicycle trips each day.  This was a once in a lifetime trip that I will remember forever.   Each day we had scheduled stops at points of interest.  One day we stopped at this beautiful cathedral.  The sunlight cascading through the stained glass window was amazing.  This church had been there for hundreds of years.  I can hardly imagine the care that was taken with the design and build of this one window, and there were over a hundred windows like this in this one church.  In our world of mobile phones that get discarded and replaced every 6 months, I was struck by the permanence of something this beautiful.  I want a little more of that in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment