Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Something From Nothing


I saw this video on facebook.  You may have also.  I thought it was well done, and it reinforced for me how small and insignificant we are relative to the vastness of all creation.  The complexity of space is matched by the intricacy of the human body.  My tag for the post was: "must have been a pretty big bang."  One of my friends had this reply: "Indeed. And Nothing caused it. That Nothing is some powerful stuff. Well, it's not stuff exactly, because it's Nothing. But how Nothing can make something is one of the great mysteries of science. The phenomenon of Nothing making something has never been repeated (as far as we know), but I've got an experiment going with my wallet."  It reminded me of the words of the great Billy Preston - "Nothing from nothing leaves nothing...".  Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment