Thursday, March 1, 2018

Dancing in a Baptist Church?

Our Connect Group at church is studying a book called Uprising by Erwin McManus.   We are about three weeks into it, and I have been drawn to Erwin and his teaching.  I wanted to get some background on his story and found that he was born in El Salvador, raised by his grandparents in Miami, and has worked as a clothes designer and a filmmaker.  He is also the pastor of one of the most successful churches in Los Angeles, Mosaic.  Mosaic is known for its support of the arts in worship, especially music and dance.  Mosaic actually started as the First Southern Baptist Church of East LA.  So how did Erwin end up with a german first name?  I found that answer towards the end of the 20-minute TED talk which makes me want to know Erwin even more.  I hope you can make time for this.  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment