Thursday, March 22, 2018

Loving Yourself


Our sermon at church last Sunday, my small group meeting last night, and a book I was reading this morning were all focused on being generous.  OK. OK.  Message delivered!  Being generous was never a part of my nature growing up.  As Whitney sung so beautifully,  "Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all", and I made that my mantra.  Now, over three decades later, while I might not agree with all of those lyrics, I think there is some truth there.  We have to get right with ourselves, before we have much to give.  But more often than not, stepping out in faith to give a small part of what we do have, is just the thing to start getting ourselves right.  And when I say getting ourselves right, I mean recognizing that everything we have is a gift from our creator.  If I can internalize that, it makes it easier for me to let go of those gifts that God has given me to steward.  I am not there yet.  I am nowhere close.  But today, I want to be a little closer than I was yesterday.  Just in case you need a little nostalgia, here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment