Thursday, March 15, 2018

In The Heat Of The Battle

I was reading about Joshua this morning in Uprising.  After Moses died, God called Joshua to lead His people to the promised land.  It was known to be a land filled with giants that would stand up against them.  God didn't tell Joshua, "Wait here.  I will clear the way for you and let you know when it is safe to enter."  He said, "Be strong and courageous, for I will be with you."  There are two kinds of courage: the kind that would cause you to run into a burning building to save a child and the kind of courageous that allows you to make the right decision day by day and minute by minute.  The second kind is the one that builds character.  And while it may be less dangerous, it can be much harder.  Paul said in his letter to the Philippians, "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or death.  For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain."   We must allow our natural selves to die, so that Christ can live within us.

No comments:

Post a Comment