Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Today's antiphonal trumpets


I grew up going to First Presbyterian Church in Columbus, GA, complete with six-figure pipe organ and even some antiphonal trumpets in the balcony.  The trumpets didn't get exercised that much, but when they did, you knew it.  I sang in the choir and even played my trumpet a few times in worship.  I have fond memories of those times and still very much enjoy traditional church music.  I have been attending contemporary worship services for the past 20 years, and the music we sing has been shaped by musicians from a handful of churches scattered around the world.  One such church is Hillsong.  Hillsong was formed in 1983 in Sydney Australia, and now has churches in 23 countries, hosting over 130,000 people weekly.  A couple of weeks ago, they hosted a conference in Sydney, recorded this video, and almost a million people have viewed it already.  I am thankful for the people that have dedicated their lives to letting others know how they feel about Jesus through writing, performing and sharing their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment