Thursday, September 26, 2019

Puzzled

Several years ago, I read a book by Donald Miller called Blue Like Jazz.   Donald grew up in Texas and moved to Portland, Oregon where he owned a small publishing company.   Donald is a christian, and chose to audit some classes at Reed College, which is known to be one of the most liberal colleges in the country.   Donald wanted the opportunity to learn from people that were different from him.  His presence there allowed him to form relationships where he was able to introduce them to Jesus.  Many heard.  Some listened. A few believed.   Our pastor at The Vine mentioned this past week that he likes to listen to podcasts by people who believe differently from him.   This week, I took the opportunity to do the same.  At times, I was frustrated trying to understand how people living on the same planet could think and feel so differently from me.  But there was also an overwhelming feeling of wonder that God created the world like a puzzle, where every person is a piece that is created in his image.  I want to find my place in that world.

No comments:

Post a Comment