Thursday, December 12, 2019

Making sense

Last night, our ConnnectGroup finished up Timothy Keller's Making Sense of God.   The book was written for believers and non-believers, but most of it is focused on why believer's believe.  At times, the group was frustrated spending time discussing why we believe what we already believe, but I think most felt it was beneficial to have a better understanding of why others who don't believe in God, don't believe.  Last week, when one of our members was asked why she believed, she said (paraphrased),  "I know what my life was like before I knew God, and I know how much better it is now that I know Him.  That is all the proof I need."  God wants us to know Him so badly that He came to Earth to show us how to do that.  He then died a gruesome death as payment for our sins, and rose from the dead as proof that He is God.  I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment