Thursday, December 5, 2019

A new kind of baller

There is quite a bit of hype around the upcoming College Football Playoff.   I, for one, am excited that UGA has a shot at the SEC championship and the national title, but I continue to be impressed by the guys from Clemson.  I posted about Deshaun Watson a while back.  In case you don't follow football, Deshaun led Clemson to a national championship and now plays for the Houston Texans.  He had a hard start to his life, but there were people around him that picked him up and pointed him in the right direction, including Clemson's head coach, Dabo Swinney.  Dabo is a class guy, and he is helping groom top-tier athletes that are also men full of integrity.  Deshaun continues to demonstrate he is a man of character and authored this new article recently.  There are a lot of celebrity athletes that let the notoriety and money go to their head in a bad way.   I don't know everything about Deshaun, but I love the parts of him I see.   I pray for more men like Dabo and Deshaun who have the opportunity for enormous positive influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment