Friday, February 5, 2021

One Nation Under God

I watched with horror and sadness as Americans attacked our Capital in an attempt to use violence to force their agenda on government officials.   I was further disturbed that some of the signage indicated that the terrorists thought of themselves as Christians.   The media has labeled these people Christian Nationalists, but I don't believe the people use that term to describe themselves.   There are lots of definitions, but the general description of the Christian Nationalist is someone who believes that since their country was founded on Christian principles, that Christians should therefore have a position above any other religions and that the government should enforce that.  This couldn't be further from the truth.  While I do believe that Jesus is God, and I am commanded to lead others to Him, forcing the way I think on a political system has no part in Christianity or in a democracy.  Nothing could be further from Jesus's teaching than what happened on that day when terrorists attacked our Capitol.  For a more in-depth review of these ideas, check out this article by Paul Miller.  (no relation as far as I know)

No comments:

Post a Comment