Friday, February 26, 2021

Teamworks

This week at our Spot On The Lake blog, we announced that our little real estate team was ranked #5 out of 555 teams in the Keller Williams SE Region.  In case you don't follow us there, my partner is my son, Michael.  I started the company 18 years ago, and Michael has been with me for 8 years now.  Before he joined, I spoke to some of my best friends about the pros and cons of working with your son.  Some issued warnings that it can be difficult and can negatively affect the father/son relationship.   I decided it was worth the risk.  I cannot imagine having a more conscientious, dedicated, productive and ethical partner to work with.  Looking in from the outside, people might see a father taking care of his son and leading him along the way. There might have been a little of that in the beginning, but now I see Michael as a trusted partner that I can talk to about the toughest client situations.   I can always count on him to prescribe the most high-minded responses for the best possible outcome.  Last night, I got to sit beside him as he cheered on his oldest son, Evan, in Evan's final basketball game of the season.  It wasn't Evan's best game.  His team lost, and I got to watch my son be a great father to his son.  I'm glad we get to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment