Thursday, April 27, 2023

A Living Legacy


I have never attended Northpoint Church, but I am a fan of the founding pastor, Andy Stanley.  I have watched him on television and online and read several of his books.  He has an amazing ability to make ancient biblical truths seem brand new and applicable to what I am going through at that time.   Andy's dad was Charles Stanley.  Charles served in full time ministry for over 50 years and passed away a couple of weeks ago.  I am certain that much of who Andy is came from his dad, Charles.  Their relationship was sometimes strained, especially when Andy made the decision to leave his dad's church and start his own church.  Since then, they have been able to work through any differences, and Andy credits his dad with helping to make him into the man that he is today.  I found this great conversation between them from a few years ago.   I hope that any of you that watch this will take the opportunity to have a similar discussion with your dad - or with your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment