Thursday, February 29, 2024

Choose Wisely

Two weeks ago I posted that I was turning off the TV for 40 days with one exception.  Caroline and I had been talking about watching The Chosen for a while, but never started it, so we decided that could be our one cheat.  We are now near the end of Season 1, and I have enjoyed it.  The Chosen is about the life of Jesus, but one of the things I was surprised by is how the writers have blended in supporting stories from the Old Testament.  I have seen this done in books before, but this is the first time I have seen it on the screen, and it is very effective.  Also, this is the first multi-season series about the life of Jesus, so the writers have more time to develop the characters and the storyline than in a 2 hour movie.  Season 1 is on Netflix, and we are moving over to Prime for Season 2.  I believe that all three seasons are on Peacock or can be steamed through The Chosen app which was free the last time I checked.  If you have watched it, I would love to hear from you.  If not, please join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment