Thursday, June 6, 2024

Standstill



I'm not very good at sitting still (or standing still).  And if I am sitting still, the television is probably on.  Even if it is only on in the background, it is there.  I have been encouraged by multiple people that I respect to find time to sit still in the quiet and focus on who God is.  When I do that, I have felt renewed and at peace.   I listened to this worship song this morning for the first time.  I love this prayer put to music: "I breathe you in. Come fill me Holy Spirit with your mighty rushing wind.  Flood me with Your living water.  Rush through me now 'til my soul overflows."  The idea of inviting the Holy Spirit inside me until I am so full that it overflows to others is a beautiful word picture.  I have so far to go.  Thank God for his patience with me.  Now, let me sit in silence and invite Him in.  I hope you will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment