Thursday, August 7, 2014

Back To School




I don’t have school age kids anymore, but I know its “back to school” time because I see the buses making their trial runs through the subdivision.  I wouldn’t think that most students love the idea of summer being over, but there is one group of Atlanta students that are in for their best year ever.  That would be Ms. Joyner’s class at Intown Community School.   They will have the opportunity to be fed mentally, socially and spiritually by one of the best teachers I know – my daughter, Lizzy.  I know this is true because I have read the things that otherstudents and parents have written about her for the last five years.  I also know this because I know her.  I love that Lizzy is full of life.  I love that she has run a half marathon, is a great slalom skier, jumped out of an airplane and rafted Section 5 or the Chatooga River with me. (Sitting near the guide so he could keep  her from falling out.  That worked almost every time.)  I love to see the way she loves and honors her husband Trey. I especially love the way she loves Jesus.   I see that in her all the time, but singing beside her in worship is one of my most precious moments.  I also love to see her taking opportunities to serve others.  That is her on the lower left with her friends serving meals at the soup kitchen.  Same smile as the one on the Chatooga.  Well done, my good and faithful daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment