Thursday, August 21, 2014

CSIS


I have mentioned in earlier posts that I am no political animal, but you would have to be living in a cave not to at least notice the terror that is taking place in the middle east.  It makes me sick to my stomach that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is killing innocent men, women and children in the name of their religion.  Apparently, they are now calling themselves just the Islamic State (IS), with the obvious conviction that they are not just focused on Iraq and Syria anymore.  I also hate that their barbaric crimes are garnering all of the attention that they have intended for themselves.  I yearn to see stories of the good that Christians have been doing in those areas (CSIS-my acronym). My search at the internet came up mostly empty except for this article giving some background on Christians in the area.  It turns out there are several pretty will know Christians who spread the word in Damascus, the capital of Syria.  It seems they were known mostly by their first names.  Names like Peter, Paul and Jesus.  I guess I was looking for my stories in the wrong place.  I pray for the day that we will see their stories in the headlines, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment