Thursday, November 30, 2017

Leftover Thanksbiving

We are just coming out of the Thanksgiving week, and if you are like me, I ate way too much.  I also twisted my ankle last week, which give me the perfect excuse to not exercise.  So my struggle this week is what to do about all the food that I shouldn't have eaten last week.  My church reminds me regularly, that there a lot of people near us that have a much greater struggle, and that is that they do not have enough food to eat Thanksgiving week, or any other week of the year.   The Vine Church regularly supports iServe Ministries.  iServe is a ministry that makes food available to people who can't afford it through its Bags of Love and Mobile Food Bank programs.  I finished reading through the gospel of John this morning and some of Jesus' last recorded words are his instructions to his disciples, "Feed my sheep.  Feed my lambs."  Let's do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment