Thursday, November 2, 2017

Life Changer


In my weekly Lake Hartwell blog, I wrote about a 5k/10k run to benefit CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) and mentioned my friend, Linda, who has volunteered with that organization.  I knew nothing about CASA before Linda told me about her involvement there.  CASA volunteers are advocates for children who do not have family to take care of them or who have been abused or taken advantage of by their family.  In many cases, the CASA volunteer is the first person that a child has met that has taken a personal interest in him or her, and that interest can be life-changing.  As you might expect, most of the stories that a CASA volunteer hears are confidential to protect the child's interests, but I found Nina's story which is both heart-breaking and inspirational at the same time.  I can envision my friend Linda taking this role with the children she is protecting.  To learn more or to become involved, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment