Thursday, May 16, 2024

P119

 JC is a good friend that I have written about in the past. (John Crawfrord, not Jesus Christ).  I first met JC in the Redcoat Band at UGA in 1980.  We both played trumpet in that band and in the UGA Jazz Band.  We were more acquaintances than good friends at that time.  After college, JC joined Northwestern Mutual and Caroline and I eventually became his clients for life insurance.  Caroline became his office manager about the time I changed careers to go into real estate.  We both like to waterski, and JC eventually became my client for real estate when he bought a home at Lake Hartwell.  We have watched our kids grow up loving the lake and for several years met for boat church at the lake on Sundays.  JC is one of the most generous people I have ever known, and I happen to know his secret.  He is a fervent reader of the Bible, and he consistently reminds me that I need to be one, too.  I have a long way to go.  This week he encouraged me to read Psalm 119.  I'm sure I have read what turns out to be the longest book of the Bible in the past, but it has been a while.  It is packed with truth, and you could spend hours meditating on just a few verses.  If you haven't read it in a while, I want to follow JC's lead and encourage you to read it today.  


"Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands." v73

No comments:

Post a Comment