Thursday, May 9, 2024

The Other Brother (update)

 

On January 11th of this year, I posted about Jeymes Samuel, who wrote, produced and composed the score for the movie, The Book of Clarence.  I had not seen the movie yet at that time, and this week, I finally had the opportunity to see it.  The movie presents Clarence as the undocumented brother of Thomas from the Bible.  Clarence is a street-wise man with a disreputable past, who after hearing about the growing popularity of Jesus, decides he should be a Messiah, too.  His interactions with other characters from the Bible artfully blend truth with what "could be true" to deliver a very compelling story.  But it is the change that takes place in Clarence that turns a story that could be considered by some to be a spoof,  into a true reflection of the power of the one and only God.  If  you have seen it, I would love to hear what you think.  If you haven't, I strongly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment