Friday, December 4, 2020

Path to wrath

Our small group from church has been reading and discussing J.I. Packer's "Knowing God".  The last few chapters have been dealing with God's judgment and wrath.  Many churches these days don't like to talk much about that - many Christians don't either.  But, the Bible does, so it makes me want to sit up and pay attention.  God created the world and the rules for how it works best.   For those that believe this, and don't follow the rules, it makes God angry and his wrath will follow.  We don't know exactly what form that will take, but what we do know is that our sin separates us from Him.   I think that feels like Hell.  Thank God that He allowed his Son to die on the cross as payment for all the times I mess up.  Thank God that He loves me despite my sin.  Thank God that he forgives me when I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment